[amibroker] Re: DOW WAVES..... and the recent fall in the DJI

Hi Brian
Thanks for taking the time to critique the Docs.

I guess we need to get a couple of things straight. The Dow Waves
pane is a collection of 5 momentum indicators, whose levels are
easily able to be noted, then compared.
I don't understand your statement re divergence as most TA's would
understand how a market might continue to rise in oposition to
indicated divergence. Perhaps you could elaborate.

You state that Dow indicator buys are quite similar to
ReversionToMean signals. I guess you missed in the documentation
where I stated, and gave examples of the fact that you could use ANY
common momentum indicator to get very similar results?
Mate! The Dow doesn't wait for confirmation. You could just dial the
parameters down to get more, and a less reliable, collection of buy
signals, that equate to those of the RevToMean.

Momentum is Momentum is Momentum. It doesn't change because we use a
different indicator to measure it.

Regds and thanks again
Gerard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx> wrote:

> Gerard,
>
> Bad news and good news.
>
> I have put up a DowIndicator PDF in the group files (2 pages of
> comment).
>
> The bad news is I critique your indicator a little.
>
> Good news is I brought along her sister, who is not too bad looking
> at first glance.
>
> BrianB2.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gerard Carey" <gcfinance@>
> wrote:
> >
> > For those interested in the indicator, Mr Dow gives us here, just
> > slightly different slant on how to view the market (and our
> indicator).
> >
> > Charles Dow, in the "Wall Street Journal", January 31, 1901:
> > "A person watching the tide coming in and who wishes to know the
> spot
> > which marks the high tide, sets a stick in the sand at the points
> > reached by the incoming waves..........
> >
> > Again I've put the guff on an attachment to spare the
uninterested.

> > Regds and good trading
> > Gerard
> >
> > --
> > http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email
> service?

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM