[amibroker] Re: EOD from IB to Amibroker " How To" Topic

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Allan" <allanbradl@xxx> wrote:

>  Quote: "If you want to have long daily histories AND intraday
charts
> you should consider running TWO instances of AmiBroker. One for EOD
> charts and second for intraday charting. Both instances may use IB
as
> a data source."
>
>  The only question for me now is : how do I configure  my Ami to
get
> EOD from IB
>  That is : I need an explicit explanation on how to configure my
> Amibroker to get EOD from  IB .
>
> I am using it with intraday and it works fine  and I guess  because
it
> PROPERLY REFLECTED IN THE  MANUAL .

Hello,

Well I actually haven't tried it but it seems like you would just
create a database with a periodicity set to daily than select IB as
the
data feed.  At that time, IB should feed you the daily EOD data.  I
know Quotetracker can get historical and real-time EOD charts using
IB
data so Amibroker should too.  (Actually I may have tried this
already -
 but if so can't remember if it worked or not.)  So let us know if
this
works as advertised.

a=z  :-)

PS  Merely using intra-day data set to a periodicity of daily would
give
you at most only 20, 25, or 30 days.  I'm sure you're thinking more
like several years of EOD data.  In all fairness though there are
other free EOD data sources such as Yahoo which is readily available
using Amiquote.

PPS  Anyone try the "Amibroker: Fourier Transform For Traders" in the
January 2007 issue of "Stocks and Commodities"?  Haven't even read
the
associated article yet but am going to download the code and check it
out later.