[amibroker] Re: Settings for Tick data and bar style charts

Don,

It's because IB does not have tick data.  They have 5 second snapshot
data at the finest granularity.   If you want tick data, you have to use
a true tick-by-tick data source like eSignal.

I know, I know.  There's  other charting packages out there that try
their best to take the concept of a tick and apply it to IB's data
snapshot methodology but that is not what Tomasz's IB plugin will do for
you.

I know many traders who use these other packages, and use information
from other traders who have tick-by-tick data feeds (like eSignal or
TradeStation) and they find some kind of near-equivalent mapping to the
IB snapshot data.    That modus operandi isn't gonna happen in Amibroker
for you unless you find a very clever fellow to write an IB plugin for
you that fakes Amibroker out into thinking that it's receiving real
ticks from snapshot data.