[amibroker] Re: Data type of Volume field

Ed,  I ran into this problem with .csv import, too.  I just divide the
volume by 1,000 before I import it.

My .csv file breaks out up volume from down volume, but if all you want
is total volume you can import it along with ^NYA historical data
directly from Yahoo!, without the intermediate step of a .csv file.
^NYA, ^GSPC, ^DJI, ^DJT, and ^DJU all have the same volume(s).  Here's
Tomasz's post related to Yahoo! volume importing, hope it helps.

S.

SOLUTION TO NEGATIVE VOLUME REPORTED IN INDICES

Yes it is possible to do that automatically.
Open aqh.format (inside Formats directory) file with NOTEPAD
and add the following line

$VOLFACTOR 0.001

And re-import all downloaded data. The volume will be now reported in
thousands
of shares

(alternatively you can use $VOLFACTOR 0.01 and then it will report
volume in
hundreds)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko