[amibroker] Re: testing the lows

Maybe not.  If I'm understanding your question correctly you could use
"Flip," which I use all the time.

Example:

Cond1=Close > ref(LLV(L, 30),-1;
Cond2=C<ref(LLV(L,30),-1;
Cond3=Flip(Cond1,Cond2);

Buy=Cond3 AND Ref(Cond3,-1)==0;
Sell=Cond3==0 AND Ref(Cond3,-1);

Here's what happens, and apologies if you already get this and apologies
to better coders than me.:)  The first condition defines what you're
looking for, a close higher than the lowest low of the past 30 days.
The second condition defines a situation where the close is below the
lowest low of the past 30 days.  The "Flip" works sort of like a
Buy/Sell toggle switch.  The "AND" references in the Buy/Sell conditions
give you one and only one signal at a time.  (If you wanted to you could
use ExRem to filter out multiple signals, instead.)

I also use the below piece of code to put buy/sell signals onto a chart.
That way I can "eyeball" the signals from an indicator and make sure I'm
really getting what I want.  Just paste it in at the end of the above
code.

shape=Buy*shapeUpArrow+Sell*shapeHollowDownArrow;
PlotShapes(shape,IIf(Buy, colorGreen, colorRed),0,IIf(Buy, Low,High));

Luck,

Sebastian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <skbiker@xxx> wrote:

> Close > LLV(Low, 30)   tells me if todays close is greater than the
lowest low in the last 30 days.