[amibroker] Need language advice re: AFL

What's a good computer programming language to study that would help me
work with AFL and become productive in it?  I've seen a lot of
progamming languages mentioned (C, C+, VBScript, JavaScript,etc.) but
am looking for a single language that would be a good foundation for
working in AFL.

I have been a computer programmer in the past, so it's the AFL language
that's the issue -- not basic programming skills.

Thanks anyone & everyone for advice & help.