[amibroker] Re: IDispatch and VB ?

Thanks Steve to look for my problem.
But problem don't come from here.

In the program, it is well :
"result = MyActiveXDLL.test(C, Extern_Object);"
I just change name variable when i writed the mail to be more
explicit (and so add a "e" in the mail when i writed the mail).

Another other ideas ?

IDispatch seems to be a type of variable in C.
But for Visual Basic is it ok as variant ?

Thanks.
Mich.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi - Did you mispell Extern_Object in this line?
>
> result = MyActiveXDLL.test(C, Externe_Object); // send price array
>
> Steve

IDispatch
> > as parameters function.
> > Problem is that the COM/ActiveX DLL side see nothing... like if
> > sending IDispatch was null. But _trace from Amibroker see the
> > variable like an IDispatch object.
> >
> > So the problem can be :
> > 1- Amibroker don't send the IDispatch object to the ActiveX DLL
> > 2- At some point between Amibroker and the ActiveX DLL the
IDispatch
> > object is lost
> > 3- The ActiveX DLL don't catch the IDisaptch object
> >
> > For 1, if IDispatch is send to _TRACE function, why it wouldn't
be
> > send to the ActiveX DLL...? so i don't think it come from here
> > For 2, the array type are well transmitted to the ActiveX DLL, so
the
> > Dispatch object should be too well transmitted
> > For 3, ActiveX DLL catch well array data coming from AFL so why
not
> > the IDispatch object...
> >
> > So i am really lost here...
> > Only thing i was thinking is debbuger don't see IDispatch
> > object...but when i send back the variable to Amibroker, and make
> > _trace of the result send back from the DLL, there is no more
> > <IDispatch> but {empty} : (
> >

> > Some very simple code to explain, with comments to important
point
> > and test i made :
> >
> > AFL side :
> > //----------------------
> > Extern_Object = CreateObject("Library.Class"); //i cannot modify
this
> > object
> > MyActiveXDLL = CreateObject("MyDLL.MyClass"); // my Active X DLL
> >
> > _TRACE("IDispatch object:"+Extern_Object); //return "<IDispatch>"
> > _TRACE("My ActiveX DLL:"+ActiveXDLL); //return "<IDispatch>"
> >
> > result = MyActiveXDLL.test(C, Externe_Object); // send price
array
> > and IDispatch object to the activex dll
> > _TRACE("Result send back:"+result);
> > //----------------------
> >
> > VBS side :
> > '-----------------------
> > Public Function test(ByRef price As Variant, ByRef externobject
As
> > Variant) As Variant
> >
> > 'here debugging told me :
> > 'price contains the C array comming from AmiBroker, all is ok
> > 'externobject contain nothing !? arhhhh
> > 'i would like to call some methods of the externobject here
> >
> > test = price
> > End Function
> > '-----------------------
> >

> > In amibroker i got the price array as value for "result", not
problem.
> > But if i put 'test = externobject' instead 'test = price' in the
VBS
> > side, "result" under Amibroker is empty, there is no more
<IDispatch>
> > (_trace say {empty})... he disapear at some point : )) !?
> >
> > I tried "ByRef externobject" and "ByVal externobject" for
function
> > declaration. Change nothing to the problem.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Mich.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tomy_frenchy" <michel_b_g@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I would like to create a static object in AFL and after send
this
> >> pointer (called IDispatch type variable) to a Visual Basic
> >> COM/ActiveX DLL.
> >> After i would like to call this object created in AFL amibroker
> > from
> >> the VB code.
> >>
> >> I need to use VB code because the COM object created fom AFL
return
> >> matrix, so i need to change the result to array before sending
it
> >> back to Amibroker.
> >> And another purpose of this is that create.object is long
because
> > it
> >> is a heavy object, so during recursion with multiple call to the
VB
> >> code in AFL it is really slow. I would like to create the object
> > just
> >> one time with amibroker, and after call directly the method from
> >> Visual Basic without create a new object.
> >>
> >> The code i use are :
> >>
> >> AFL code :
> >> ------------------------------------------
> >> aClass = CreateObject("carre.carreclass"); //object to be called
in
> >> the VB code, we can use CreateStaticObject too here
> >> myobj = CreateObject("Project1.Class1"); // VB COM/ActiveX DLL
> >> _TRACE("aClass:"+aClass); // return IDispatch type variable
> >> _TRACE("myobj:"+myobj); // return IDispatch type variable
> >>
> >> result = myobj.test(200, aClass);
> >>
> >> VB code :
> >> Public Function testVB(n As Variant, aClass As Variant) As
Variant