Re: [amibroker] help on a watchlist

Hello Don...
I've got your screen working and it's going to take a few minutes to walk through the all the tickers.  It's producing a select list of stocks representing an IBD strategy which goes BUY HIGH and (hopefully) SELL HIGHER.
I've found that this works in an uptrending market, but then a lot of approaches work in an uptrending market including
TA with moving averages.  Note that HANS is still there although it's story may be over.

You may want to clear your watchlist before you fill it with a new issues from different screen.  Here are two clips from my
stuff that I use.

Write it so that you clear the watchlist only once, and not at every issue in the filter list;  and so you'll need
to gate it with a Status("Action") == 4 and Status("Stocknum") == 0  as tests. See in the second clip.

Hope this helps - careful or you'll clear the wrong watchlist.
JOE

// ============================= Clip 1 ===============================================
function ClearaWatchlist( listnum )
{
   // retrieve comma-separated list of symbols in watch list
   list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
   for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
   {
      CategoryRemoveSymbol(sym,categoryWatchlist,Listnum);
   }
   return;
}

// testing program
Clearawatchlist(1);
Filter =1;
AddColumn(Close,"Name");

// =============================== second clip with ===============================
// But do this only once as you scan or explore    SCAN code is 3 EXPLORE code is 4
if ( Status( "action" ) == 4 AND Status( "stocknum" ) == 0 )    // running a scan and it's the first stock
{
// clear Watchlists used to store composite symbols of QP Sector Runs
   ClearList = GetCategorySymbols(categoryWatchlist, WL);
   for( i = 0; ( symC = StrExtract(ClearList, i) ) != ""; i++ )
   {
    CategoryRemoveSymbol( symC, categoryWatchlist, WL );
   }
}