Re: [amibroker] Re: Import ASCII tick data file

> I am sure you get tick by tick data from IB in real time.
WRONG!

No, you don't get TICK BY TICK data from IB !
You guys seem so far misguided by IB advertising / lack of real documentation.
IB sends 0.2 - 0.3 second "snapshots"
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/2/37364.html

IB data is NOT tick by tick ! Never designed to be and never will be
due to limitations of IB infrastructure.

While AmiBroker of course is fully able to store tick by tick data,
i.e. EVERY SINGLE TRADE has SEPARATE RECORD and displayed
SEPARATELY IF ONLY data source provides separate trades (for exampel eSignal does).

And yes it can import tick ASCII data with $TICKMODE 1

The 5 second thing in quote editor comes from the fact that multiple ticks can have the same
timestamp (multiple trades occuring very shortly one after another), but they are stored separately
and displayed separately, i.e. if there were 15 trades within given time period then you get 15 data points on the chart
and you see 15 records in quote editor. That's what you call tick by tick.
In tick-by-tick there can be multiple records with the same date/time stamp.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com