From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of wadebullock
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 16:47
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] How to handle Split Adjusted Stocks over the long term?

Hi there,

Im trying to develop and backtest a short term swing trading system
with split adjusted Yahoo DB that goes back to 1995.  One problem I've
run into are stocks that were once in the price range I'd be interested
in ($15-$30) are now represented as $2 and $3 dollar stocks.

For example NTES in March of 2003 is now represented as a $2-$3 dollar
stock, but was several times that in price.  I'm guessing I can re-
download the Yahoo DB unadjusted for splits, but am concerned about
gaps created by no adjustment...and wondering if that was a gap or
split.  I want to be able to find setups in stocks like NTES and know
that it was a $20 dollar stock, and not a $2 dollar stock for real...
just not sure what the best approach is.  Anyone have experience with
this?

Thanks

Wade Bullock