Re: [amibroker] Downloaded 1 year IB backfill

I am always surprised why do you think you are so smart and I am so dumb
that I did not check things like that.
Every now and than some very smart newcomer to this list start to give
me some "super bright lessons".

Imagine that I have been there already.

Before you start giving lessons of this very unique finding of yours
Just go on and try to actually download one year of history from IB
of 1 second data (it will allow you to get 2000 second chunks in one request).

If you try it you will find out .... that IB will throttle you request after doing about 58 requests
for about 3 minutes. Now calculate HOW LONG will it take to take 1 year of
1 second data.

Yes DO TEST before giving lessons to others because if you test
it DEEPLY (not 1-symbol quick test) you will quickly find out how poor
and unreliable IB backfill is and how long you have to wait because IB will
start to throttle you like HELL if you try to download more .

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com