[amibroker] Code Help Please

I have a piece of code which seems straight forward but I seem to be struggling. i have written it in a number of different ways e.g. using if statements in a loop and using iif statements as below. However, I seem to have a problem which ever way I write it insofar that Test1L & Test1S  fail to evaluate correctly. Herewith a snippet:

       t1 = XPermK - XpermD;

       inter2 = abs(XPermK - XpermD);

       TempL = IIf (XpermD[j] >UpperBound AND XPermK[j] >UpperBound, True,False);

       Test1L = IIf(tempL = True  AND abs(t1) < 2, True, False);

       Test2L=       IIf(XpermD < Lowerbound AND XPermK < Lowerbound AND t1 > 2.0,True, False);

       Test3L=IIf(XPermK >Lowerbound AND XPermK > XPermD,True,False);

       Test1S = IIf(XpermD < Lowerbound AND XPermK < Lowerbound AND abs(t1) < 2,True,False);

       Test2S = IIf(XpermD > UpperBound AND XPermK[k] > UpperBound AND t1> 2,True,False);

       Test3S = IIf(XPermK < UpperBound AND XPermK < XPermD,True,False);

       XPermLong = IIf(Test1L = True OR Test2L[j] = True OR Test3L[j] = True,True, False);

       XpermShort =IIf(Test1S = True OR Test2S = True OR Test3S = True,True,False);

For instance Test1l can return false and Test1L will evaluate as true.

Most grateful if someone could help me understand why I have it around my neck.