[amibroker] QP data issues

Dear all,

Apologies if this appears like re-visitng an old chestnut...

Until now my active trading has been exclusively on Forex (E-signal RT
feed) and futures (CSI). Looking to now incorporate US stocks into my
daily routine.

To that end I've been taking trials with QP3 and TC and have been
looking at the forum archives regarding both. It seems that QP3 would
be preferable on two counts...(a) the plugin exposes fundamental data
to AB whereas TC does not and, (b) the logic regarding TC's industry
classification is somewhat questionable.

HOWEVER...I just looked at  QP3's index data. Specifically the US
Dollar Index. Shocking! There are inexplicable gaps all over the place
and they only have daily tick data for most of 2005!!!! This is not
good. In fact it is bad. Not that I was intending to directly use the
!DXYZ data in any way (if I wanted to trade the index I would be using
the futures data)...but it is, shall we say, a rather important index
from a macro-analysis perspective and it therefore doesn't fill me
with a great deal of confidence regarding the rest of their data that
they should get something so important so widely-watched so horribly
wrong.

Does anyone have any up-to-date horror, or fairy tale(!), stories
regarding QP3 (or TC for that matter) to make my decision easier. Am
seriously wondering if I shouldn't just run for cover and the comfort
of CSI - despite the fact that they don't have any fundamental or
sector info!

I'm sending an email to QP support to ask for an explanation before I
make the final decision...will report back with the result for
everyone's benefit.

TIA
Andy