[amibroker] OT: Project Based Training No1.

INTRODUCTION TO SYSTEM DESIGN AND TESTING.
Over the next week or two I will be running a series of topics that
together make-up a rudimentary training project using AmiBroker and
Xcel to demonstrate some basic concepts.
It will be suitable for Ami newcomers but might also provide an
occasional stimulating thought for the heavier hitters.
Let's hope so anyway.

It incorporates the Psychology behind the process, as well as design
philosophy and practical application.
(Ratiocinators need not worry; the Psyche part is over).

It will not necessarily be written in formal academic style or
constitute a training module in the form that we would expect in an
academic presentation.
It will however be rigorous enough where necessary.
Anyone interested would be best served by connecting the dots
themselves.
(It's like a jig-saw puzzle rather than a time-line).

Supporting files will be posted to the GroupArchive or the AmiBroker
third party site.
Eventually it may be formalised as a PDF file at the third party
site but that is not a certainty.

The thread will be picked up from the recent OT:Statistics topic
where the psychological component was discussed and the groundwork
laid for the practical component.

The next sections will be presented under the OT:topic headings:

ChiSquared Significance,
Random Walk and
Calender Effect.

There may be other topics presented as the story unfolds.

The intention is to break the subject up into manageable topics.

I apologise in advance for the number of posts that this will
entail; it's more than what I wanted to make but I think it will be
worth it.

Some Philosophy of Trading questions might be answered (I could get
lucky) and a few new ones raised.
Over-all, however, the next stages are practically orientated and
have a workbook like approach with code, examples and maybe some
screenshots.

Early next year I will probably run a second project as an example
on using AmiBroker to perform fundamental analysis with the ODBC
Universal Plug-in and an external database (either Access or SQL),
unless of course someone else does it first.

WARNING: ALL MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THE TOPICS THAT MAKE UP THE
TRAINING PROJECT ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE.
THEY DO NOT CONSTITUTE FINANCIAL ADVICE.
INCORRECT OR FALSE THEORIES AND HYPOTHESES MAY BE PRESENTED AS
TRAINING EXAMPLES AND FOR DISCUSSION USE ONLY.

BrianB2.