From: yokehg
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:50 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Negative volume on downloaded data from Yahoo

No, it is not Steve. It is not arbitrary number which will derived
from overflow. Overflow number (like negative volume in this case)
can be examined and with a little tricky formula can be revert-back
to the correct number (as long as we know how many overflow bit).
I agree that ABS function is misleading. Just try my formula, I
repeat again: 2*2147483647+V. Or this is my code:

  FixedVolume = IIf(V<0,2*2147483647+V,V);
  Plot(FixedVolume,.....

You may compare the result with the correct volume by looking at the
historical data Yahoo website. It will be exactly the same!

Unfortunately, starting from version 4.76, Amibroker will
automatically limiting the volume so that any volume greater than
2147483647 will be interpreted as 2147483647, which also misleading.
(My tricky formula cannot retrieve the correct number anymore :-( )

For Tomasz, thanks for the reply you gave. But doesn't your solution
will automatically divide (by 1000) all volume from any downloaded
symbol? I still hope you will do better than this, which I believe
it's a piece a cake for great developer like you.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> I don't think this would work as I believe overflow would result
in arbitrary number, so just converting it to positive would not
give actual volume.

> Steve
Yahoo