RE: [amibroker] Re: System Performances

Stop loss vs. stop limit?

-----Original Message-----
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of intermilan04
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 7:52 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: System Performances

Fred,

Could you explain as to why 3% wouldn't always limit losses to 3%?
Assuming the stock has some volume (at least 100K), and I set stop
loss order as soon as I buy stocks...I'm not quite sure of the
circumstances where 3% stop loss would not work.

My system is a daytrading system so there is no gap ups and downs.

Regards,

intermilan04