RE: [amibroker] Re: System Performances

Ok how about an example of what you were talking about?

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fred
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:52 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: System Performances

Seriously ? ... A rotational system is different in scope then what
I thought was being discussed here which appears to be a rotating
universe of tradables that have some life and get traded intraday
based on them meeting some form of buy & sell rules.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxx> wrote:

> How about an example of how to do that using a sharpe ratio of
each security
> and maybe trade on a rotational basis every month?

> Seriously.

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Fred
> Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:37 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: System Performances
>

> If the list is a result of some analysis you do then you can
assign
> a PositionScore to each security for each bar.  This would yield a
> constantly changing and potentially prioritized list of available
> securities to be traded.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@>
> wrote:
> >
> > As I mentioned in the first post - I have been trading this
system
> for
> > about 1.5 years.  The first quarter of this year had no severe
> > declines in the market, so the Max DD looks better than it
really
> is.
> >  Typically the system goes to 100% cash after about a 5%
drawdown.

> > There is another major component in my trading system that I
didn't
> > mention - that of market timing.  I use stock index futures (ES,
> YM,
> > ER2, NQ) to hedge based on 6 indicators.  This hedging, while not
> > perfect, reduces the drawdown considerably so the system plus
> hedging
> > results in about 4% drawdowns.
> >
> > On the subject of drawdowns, there has not been a >10% market
> > correction in over three years.  Since I have only traded this
> system
> > for 1.5 years, I don't know what will happen when we eventually
get
> > one of these more typical market declines.
> >
> > The main reason for not posting a longer trading history is that
> the
> > stock list is updated every couple of weeks, which actually
> improves
> > results.  I used the list that was current as of Dec 31, 2005
for
> this
> > test.  I don't know how to simulate a constantly changing list of
> > stocks in the backtester.
> >
> > Reef-Break
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Fred's point is accurate IMO....
> > >
> > > If the Trader has spent blood, sweat and tears over a period
of
> years
> > > building up a serious trading equity, then a 28% System
Drawdown
> would
> > > be demoralizing (only after causing a serious case of "Butt
> Pucker").
> > >
> > > A subsequent post from Ed showed a 'Max Sys DD = -3.6%', but
only
> > > included 48 trades... which because of the small number of
trades
> > > seemed to me to be statistically irrelevant.

> can't
> where
> money
> existing
> CAR

> Optimize
parameter
> values
> testing
> in real

> <intermilan04@>

> the

> <intermilan04@>

(developed
> in
> or the

> profit %,

> since
> It is a

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

> Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Inves

tment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inves
tment+p

roperty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analys
is+soft
> ware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
> management software       Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Inve

stment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Inve
stment+

property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analy
sis+sof

tware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
estate
> investment software       Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investm

ent+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investm
ent+pro

perty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis
+softwa
> re&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
property
> software
> Software
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Software+support&w1=Investment+manageme

nt+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property
+softwa

re&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6
=Invest
> ment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w> support       Real
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+analysis+softwar

e&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+softwar
e&w3=In

vestment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investm
ent+ana

lysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSa
X5-Zlw>
> estate investment analysis software       Investment
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Investment+software&w1=Investment+manag