[amibroker] Re: System Performances

If the list is a result of some analysis you do then you can assign
a PositionScore to each security for each bar.  This would yield a
constantly changing and potentially prioritized list of available
securities to be traded.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@xxx>
wrote:

> As I mentioned in the first post - I have been trading this system
for
> about 1.5 years.  The first quarter of this year had no severe
> declines in the market, so the Max DD looks better than it really
is.
>  Typically the system goes to 100% cash after about a 5% drawdown.
>
> There is another major component in my trading system that I didn't
> mention - that of market timing.  I use stock index futures (ES,
YM,
> ER2, NQ) to hedge based on 6 indicators.  This hedging, while not
> perfect, reduces the drawdown considerably so the system plus
hedging
> results in about 4% drawdowns.
>
> On the subject of drawdowns, there has not been a >10% market
> correction in over three years.  Since I have only traded this
system
> for 1.5 years, I don't know what will happen when we eventually get
> one of these more typical market declines.
>
> The main reason for not posting a longer trading history is that
the
> stock list is updated every couple of weeks, which actually
improves
> results.  I used the list that was current as of Dec 31, 2005 for
this
> test.  I don't know how to simulate a constantly changing list of
> stocks in the backtester.
>
> Reef-Break
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@> wrote:
> >
> > Fred's point is accurate IMO....
> >
> > If the Trader has spent blood, sweat and tears over a period of
years
> > building up a serious trading equity, then a 28% System Drawdown
would
> > be demoralizing (only after causing a serious case of "Butt
Pucker").

> > A subsequent post from Ed showed a 'Max Sys DD = -3.6%', but only
> > included 48 trades... which because of the small number of trades
> > seemed to me to be statistically irrelevant.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@> wrote:
> > >
> > > A Comment and a suggestion ...
> > >
> > > - DrawDowns ... I could be wrong but I suspect most people
can't
> > > tolerate 28% DD's ... To bring that number down to the point
where
> > > at least some people would be comfortable with it using real
money
> > > one would I think have to cut it half.  Doing that with an
existing
> > > system by restricting how invested one is will result in the
CAR
> > > being reduced to the square root of its original number.
> > >
> > > - Objective Testing ... Take your data, cut in half ...
Optimize

<intermilan04@>

> > > period )

<intermilan04@>

> > > <intermilan04@>

> > > risk/reward,
> > > idea

> > > max

It is a

GFT Forex Trading Accounts As low as $250 with up to 400:1 Leverage. Free Demo.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lpv1TA/jlQNAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM