From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of intermilan04
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:45 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: System Performances

Hi Mark,

I apologize if my understanding of a stop order is wrong, but here it is:

When I place a stop order (not stop-limit order), the order is
invisible to the market.  Once my stop trigger is hit, it appears to
the market as a market order.

If my understanding above is correct, I need not worry about the "Big
Boys" because they have no way to tell I have such a stop loss measure
in place.

As for the tightness of stop, I think 3% is quite deep of a pocket for
 a daytrade.

One needs to assess the length of holding time and volatility of
stocks to find out the right stop amount.  If I were to swing trade, I
certainly would not use 3%.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MailYahoo" <MailYahoo@xxx> wrote:

> With a 3% stop loss you can have the "Big Boys" eat you up each time you
> place the stop.  Making your position stop out each time.  And on
the real
> down side you can have them bring the stock under your position
making your
> loss 5% too.
>
> Personally one needs to do what makes them comfortable,  however placing
> such a tight stop on any trade in my opinion would hurt one in the
long run
> and not help
>

> Mark

On Behalf