From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:25 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] AB 4.80.0RC1 Problems?

AB 4.80.0RC1 initally worked fine for me (with TC2005) after it was first
upgraded yesterday from 4.79.  Today, though, I did have a problem in that
AB would begin to start up, then the program would suddenly stop and
disappear from the screen.  I'd do a double click on the AB shortcut icon to
try to run it again, but with the same result of an aborted startup..

In my case, I thought it may have been because last night I'd done a disk
defragment and then an incremental disk backup.  Figured maybe something got
corrupted by the operations or how I did them, or ... whatever.  Anyway, I
restored my AB folder today using an earlier disk backup of AB 4.79, which
then seemed to run OK.   That is, it ran normally and could get TC2005 EOD
data, etc.

My final step, done tonight, was to reinstall/upgrade to AB 4.80 again using
AmiBroker480up.exe.  So far, all seems to be normal once more and I can
access my TC2k database.  (EOD data is up to date, as of today's 4/13 market
close).

Don't know if this helps any, but perhaps there is something more going on
that's causing problems between AB and TC2005 (and maybe some other
program(s)?).