[amibroker] Re: Trading hours by symbol?

You can do it but it's not as flexible as in some other charting programs.

1) Set the trading hours.

Alt+S - G - groups - intraday settings

You can assign different RTH/ETH for different groups. Unfortunately one symbol can belong to only one group so the choice of hours is limited to rth, eth, both or 24hrs.

2) Create multiple windows.

Alt+W - N (or L, which is a symbol sensitive window)

3) Change to RTH, ETH, both or 24hrs as you need:

Alt+V - intraday

It's a bit of a pain for anybody trading commodity futures. I have all kinds of weird "groups" based on the trading hours, which is not what "groups" were really meant to be ("groups", I think, are supposed to be equities, warrants, equity options, futures, futures options, mutual funds, bonds, forex, etc.)

The idea of a separate "trading hours" tab in "symbols-categories" window was mentioned here a few months back and TJ has probably put it somewhere on his "to do list" but as most users trade stocks and SP-mini it's obviously not a priority.

Lesmond

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cstrader" <cstrader232@xxxx> wrote:

> You can display different trading hours for different symbols, but can you display different trading hours for the same symbol in different windows?   Thanks

24 Hours. Commission-Free.