Re: [amibroker] Is there a way to view arrays?

barindex starts counting the bars in the chart from zero. 1st bar is 0.
The area below the chart that shows the cursor position is for the bar
number as cum(1) would calculate it.
barindex is from 0 to (Barcount-1)
chart values box is from 1 to barcount

You can do a simple exploration
filter=1;
addcolumn(barindex(),"barindex",1);

or add it to your chart title
title = blahblahbalh +" barindex = "+ barindex();

or even show it in the Interpretation window for a chart, just add
this anywhere in the AFL
"barindex = "+barindex();

These techniques can be used for any variable or array.

Of course the other radical and innovative method would be to use the
help files, and type barindex into the search in there

--
Cheers
Graham

On 12/31/05, sslack88 <jzzpiano88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to view the contents of an array?
>
> For example, I want to understand the barindex() function better, so I
> want to look at each value in the array.  Is there a way to do this?
>
> Also, does anyone know how the barindex() function works?  Does it go
> from left to right?  Does it start at zero?
>
> Is this how it works:
>
> Bar 1 - Bar 2 - Bar 3 - Etc. (left to right)
>
> 0 - 1 - 2 - Etc. (barindex)
>
> Thanks!

24 Hours. Commission-Free.