From: Terry
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:53 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Download speeds

Try these settings for Amiquote:

--

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of wavemechanic
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 08:11
To: AmiBroker, User

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:33 AM

Subject: [amibroker] Download speeds

Good morning,
    Am looking for suggestions on why my data download (Yahoo) takes
so long.  I can run the daily download quickly but if I loose a day
and need to do the historical download to catch up it takes forever.
It isn't the actual download but the inputting of the data into AB
that is very slow.  Have tried downloading and then importing.  The
download takes maybe an hour the import about 24 hours.  It also seems
as slow to do 2 days as 5 years.  The computer is fairly new and has a
gig of memory.  Any ideas appreciated.  thanks
John

As I understand the situation, current and historical quotes come from different servers that operate in different ways.  Current accepts many (perhaps all) symbols and then transmits all data at one time.  This is very fast.  The historical server, however, works with only one symbol at a time.  In my case, downloading historical data for a week takes about 20-30 times more time than a current data download.  Downloading data for a long historical period significantly increases the time.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS