Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Scottrade

For all of those that have it running I have a question or two.

I  signed onto Scottrade and brought up the streaming quotes window
and added the symbols I want to track.

Then I installed AB on my print server, professional version and
registered it. I created a db called scottrade and made it intraday
with the source quote tracker. Set it up as the help text says.

I added the symbols I want to track in the AB database.

More on QT setup
I am in central time so I set the delay to 1 hour and the refresh
interval to 10 seconds rather than 5. Everything else is as the help
text. But when I start AB there is a red ERR in the plugin filed. I
stopped it and reconnected but the error persists.

I found something in the online AB help text that leads me to QT
HTTP Protocol Spec and it says the HTTP server must be set up. It
shows a command string starting with http://127.0.0.1 ... Where does
this go? Do you have to do this every time you add new symbols?
Can't AB tell QT what tickers to use? There is something in
File\Database Section's\Configure that will allow AB to retrieve
symbols from QT but it gets one symbol and quits. It seems QT adds a
blank symbol name to the database.

QT Help says in Preferences - Misc but there is nothing there that
will allow this to be entered. I also looked in IE but there is
nothing there like that either. Are these help texts obsolete? I am
running IR 6.0 and AB 4.70. There is in Database settings configure
fields for the QT IP and port and they are set to 127.0.0.1 and
16239 so it seems that part is correct.

What am I missing? What has to be done to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx>