Re: [amibroker] Was ...Turtle trade... Now: Why doesn't this ApplyStopwork right??

Balin --
I think your problem lies in the meaning of the word 'stop'.  AB uses 'stop' to mean a price that increases as the price increases.  You want a fixed minimum sell price.  The easiest way is for you to not use the word 'stop' for what you want to do.  You just want to 'sell' when the price falls below your price.  Your broker calls this a 'stop' but AB doesn't.

HIrange = 55;
LOrange= 40;

// stop=1;  // not even going to use the word 'stop'
fallback = 1;  // the level below the high on the day you bought

/* find out channel borders */
channeltop = Ref( HHV( High, HIrange ), -1 );
channelbottom = Ref( LLV( Low, LOrange ), -1 );

Buy = High > channeltop;
Sell=Low<Channelbottom OR Low<Ref(H, -BarsSince(Buy))-fallback;
// ApplyStop(0,2,stop,0,0);  // your not doing an AB stop

Hope this helps.
-- Keith

balin8425 wrote:
HIrange = 55;
LOrange= 40;

stop=1;

/* find out channel borders */
channeltop = Ref( HHV( High, HIrange ), -1 );
channelbottom = Ref( LLV( Low, LOrange ), -1 );

Buy = High > channeltop;
Sell=Low<Channelbottom;
ApplyStop(0,2,stop,0,0);

What it's supposed to do: Stop out if the price drops 1 point below
the high on the day of the buy.

What it does: Stop out any time the price drops 1 point below it's
previous highest high.

I thought the volatile=false (5th parameter in Applystop) would fix
this, but it didn't.  Do I have something wrong with my Buy signal
that causes it to keep buying... or what?

I'm new, I'm trying, but 2 days I've been working on this and I
still don't get it.

Thanks, Balin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS