Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:54 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Candlestick Charts

Hi folks,

I like the way Stockcharts colors their Candlestick charts and am
curious if anyone has decifered the rules and implemented it in AB.

Even though I am a newbie, it hasn't stopped me from trying to dig
deep into AB and see what makes it tick.

Editing the Formula for the chart I can see the following line plots
the closing price:
Plot( C, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );

And this is the line that would have to be modified.  Since a "hollow"
candle can not be created, I would have to use 4 different colors to
mimick the Stockcharts Candle colors.

I would also imagine that I would have to create the rules and create
a variable (maybe CC for candle color) and use that instead of the
"colorBlack"?  Hmm, why do I have different color candles as I see no
code to select Red or Green?

Here is the code used to modify the color of the Volume bars:
Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), IIf( C > O, ParamColor("Up Color",
colorGreen ), ParamColor("Down Color", colorRed ) ), ParamStyle(
"Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick, maskHistogram  ) );

For now, let me know if it can be done and that I wouldn't be wasting
my time.  I enjoy a good challenge and am willing to give it a try but
don't want to spin my wheels as free time is of short supply.

Dave
MarketMonk777
aka RedEyes

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS