Re: [amibroker] Question for Linu users

On Monday 19 December 2005 22:12, Bill Schmidt wrote:
> I installed the latest version of AB on SUSE 10.0 using wine ver. 20050725
> and winetools ver. wt0.9jo.
>
> Everything seems to work as it should except that AB can only read the
> formats, formulas, layouts, and notes folders if they are located in the
> $HOME directory.  Even more irritating, any data to be imported, like
> everything Amiquote downloads, have to be in the $HOME directory also.
> I've tried installing AB in different directories but the problem
> remains.  I'm wondering if there is any entry that should have been made
> in winecfg. Any ideas?

"$HOME only" means that you can not install in subdirectories of $HOME? if you
can than the problem is probably that you do have no rights to install
outside your home directory.

hint:
you should have somewhere in wine config possibility to define/map drive
letters with directories.

NB. I do not use wine directly so this is just 2 cents of help.
--
Marek Chlopek

24 Hours. Commission-Free.