[amibroker] Re: McClellan Index

I created a formula for this that uses your own database. That code
plus Cumulative AD and Moving Balance Indicator can be retrieved
from my website. Note that this uses two new indicators. I call them
~NYSE and ~NASD. But if you want the data it is the zip file and all
you have to do is import the two files into AB using the Import
Wizard. The data is up to date as of yesterday.

Go to my site, www.imageview.us, take the AmiBroker link and then
the link for McClellan Index,et. al. Download a zip file which has
the data and formulas.

If you need to contact me my email address is in the About Me link
or Contact Me link.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@xxxx> wrote:

> Is anyone using the McClellan Index?  If so is it the one from the
AB
> library? The formula there is:
> Graph0 = Cum( EMA( AdvIssues()-DecIssues(), 19 ) - EMA(
> AdvIssues()-DecIssues(), 39 ) );
> The "AdvIssues" and "DecIssues" is a defined AFL function. Where it
> gets this data is a mystery to me as I do not have this data in my
> database yet it will come up with a chart on some symbols and not
on
> others (for example BHH yes IBM no).  What I'm looking for is a
> McClellan Oscillator or Summation index that can utilize the
> advance/decline issue data in your own database(NYSE or NASDAQ) and
> has a zero line showing the index over or below it.  I note some
> McClellan indicators multiply by 1000 (1000 is simply cosmetic so
> results are whole numbers instead of decimals).  If anyone has
such a
> formula it would appreciated if you could send to me or post.
Thanks.

> Dick H

24 Hours. Commission-Free.