[amibroker] Ever wanted to build a custom database on AB? I created a program to do this.

I wanted to build a database on AB that resembled the VecotorVest
database. When I wrote the program I designed it to take any list of
markets, groups, sectors and industries. You will need to define your
markets and groups. Usable samples are provided. The input file, the
one I used for VV, has the REQUIRED format:

Symbol, Company, Exchange, Sector, Industry, Shares(K), Mkt Cap($K).
Note that the industry column must have the format "sector (industry
name)".

Using this data an output file will be created. This is the input file
needed by the script program.

If you are interested you can find these programs on my website,
www.imageview.us. When you unzip it make sure the file goes in the C
directory. The unzip program will create C:\amibrokerdb and place the
files in it. There a Word document (.rtf format) that describes what
you must do. Closely follow the examples in the zip file if you use it
to create a custom database.

If you want to build the VV database on AB all you need to do is copy
the broker.xx files into the AmiBroker root directory, start AB and
create a new DB. It will assign the categories. Then run the
loadstockdata.js to place the stock data in AB. This can take up to
half an hour depending on how fast your computer is.

DO NOT RUN THIS ON AN EXISTING DATABASE!!! Do not ignore any of the
cautions in the Word document.

If you have any problems using this please send me email at
razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Barry

24 Hours. Commission-Free.