[amibroker] CSI precision problem solved - that was quick

Great news - there is a solution that gives full precision
to exports from CSI's UA program to Amibroker.

Apparently every setting that affects exports to Amibroker
is located where one would expect, on the Amibroker
preferences page -- except for the option to force rounding
to nearest penny. That option is located on the preferences
page for displaying charts by UA's internal charting
engine.

I have never opened that preferences page because I do not
use UA's charting engine. I never would have guessed that
an option on that page would affect the export to
Amibroker. But CSI support tells me this is the case for UA
2.90, the current version.

The next update (2.91) will remove this source of potental
confusion since settings on the UA charting page will no
longer affect the precision of exports to Amibroker. Then
exports will automatically be given full precision.

With the current version (2.90), I needed to turn off the
option to force rounding to a penny on UA's charting
preferences page. Once that was done, the export to
Amibroker produced precise data with no rounding
limitations.

For example, CSCO's adjusted prices are no longer 0.08 for
several days in a row in early 1990. Rather they are the
0.0729 (April 4, 1990), 0.080295 (April 5), 0.078993 (April
6), etc. And the open, high, low data is realistic as well.

So the precision problem is solved.

Brian

http://mail.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.