From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of areehoi
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 6:57 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Going from one stock to another

Patrick,
Your tip is most helpful but for the life of me I can't find what you
mean by "pinned" the symbols in the Workspace.  I looked at the top of
my Workspace and can't see anything that could be "pinned". Please
explain what you mean by "pinned". Thanks

Dick H.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave's Laptop" <dlittner@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>

> Yep that did the job, thank you.  I am using AB on my laptop and am
keeping
> my dual monitor desktop open for trading.  Your suggestion or
tearing off
> the symbol list is a good one for a dual monitor system.  I would
still like
> to see another way of stepping through the current watchlist without
having
> to pin open the list (like page down) for those who are using AB on
single
> monitor systems.
>

> Regards,
>

> Dave
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of NW Trader
> Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:02 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Going from one stock to another
>

> Hi Dave,
>

> Sounds like you haven't "pinned" the symbols list open (use the push pin
> icon at the top of the Symbols Workspace), once pinned open you can
click on
> the chart and the symbols workspace will not withdraw.  Of course
this does
> reduce the amount of chart space.  So what I do is to first pin the
Symbols
> Workspace open, then float it off to another monitor.  To do this
click on
> the top of the workspace where the word Symbols appears, then drag the
> entire list (using your right mouse key) to another
location/monitor.  Then
> you can step thru a watchlist a symbol at a time with the up or down
arrow
> key.
>

> To reattach the Symbols Workspace, drag it back onto your main AB
window,
> and with your cursor positioned over the <-- icon at the border you
want to
> reattach to, release the mouse button.  To get it to retract again,
click on
> the push pin.  If you accidentally close a workspace you can reopen
it via
> the View menu.  You can also stack various workspace components (e.g.,
> Layers and Layouts) such that they will appear together.
>

> I don't know of a way to collapse all open watchlists at once.
There may be
> one, but I've not found it.  That could be nice -- especially if it
could be
> set as a hot key.
>

> Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick

24 Hours. Commission-Free.