Re: [amibroker] position score

Hi Erik,

ES> I asked this same question to the beta group. Within the new portfolio back-testing would you know how to apply different weighting allocations to the top 5 highest position scores? I can't
figure it out the scaling yet. Not many examples.

ES> Thanks for your help,

I imagine (imagine, mind you) that you would do it something like
this:

n = Name();

PositionScore = IIf( n == "xxxx", 11,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 10,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 9,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 8,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 7,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 6,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 5,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 4,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 3,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 2,
IIf( n == "xxxx", 1, 1 /* otherwise */ ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) );

This sets up the position score, where "xxxx" is a symbol.

Then:

PositionSize = IIf(PositionScore == 1, 10000000, [then from here you
would nest the size as above].

But I will let Graham have the last word on this.  He is a card-carrying
member of the coder's guild.

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.