[amibroker] Re: how to get rid of multiple signals from the same stock?

Well, I for one always want to search thru all messages first before
posting since I like instant answers (but I am extremely impressed
with the amibroker staff's response time, which is pretty close to
instant :).  However, in this group, it is almost impossible since
Yahoo groups don't provide that functionality.  They require you to
click a million times in order to search thru all messages.  Each
search only searches 1% or so of the messages, even when no results
are found within that percentage! -- I have no idea why Yahoo groups
is so behind..  Google groups or almost any other msg boards search
thru all messages instantly.  I believe much of the staff's time can
be saved from answering repeat questions if this forum is moved to a
better one.
-john

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:

> I think you will find you need to put this into a for loop, or add
> more variables
>
> Have you tried doing a search on the group archives as this sae
> question has been discussed a number of times
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm
>

> On 12/8/05, ricko8294_98 <ricko@xxxx> wrote:
> > I am having a similar problem with eliminating a second (or more)
> > trades on the same stock during the same day.  I have included exrem
> > to eliminate multiple buys before a sell signal is given and I don't
> > want to use a time restriction.
> >
> > What my 3 minute bar system has (in part) is the following:
> >
> > in_trade = 0; // to control one trade per day
> > nuday = Day() != Ref(Day(),-1);  // to indicate a new day
> >
> > Then my Buy code is
> > Buy = in_trade ==  0 AND LongCond1 AND {the rest of my buy conditions}
> >
> > then comes my Sell code
> >
> > followed by
> > Buy = exrem(buy,sell);
> >
> > and
> >
> > in_trade = Flip( Buy, nuday);  / to reset in_trade for the next day
> > but retain the value (which becomes "1" on the bar where the first
> > buy is executed).
> >
> > The system will occasionally issue a second buy signal on the SAME
> > stock on the SAME day (I can tell because I plot the buy arrows) EVEN
> > THOUGH the Interpretation window tells me the value of in_trade at
> > that point is 1 (not 0 as required by the Buy code).
> >
> > So - 2 questions
> > 1 how can I eliminate the second trade on the same stock on the same
> > day (my primary objective)?
> >
> > 2. why does the Buy code ignore the in_trade ==0 part of the code?
> >
> > TIA
> > Rick
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > you can use exrem to remove additional signals
> > > you can use code to only include the first signal of the day, or
> > even
> > > withi certain time paramters, and exclude others
> > > It is just matter of adding the right conditions to the buy/sell
> > statements
> > >
> > > Buy = ???;
> > > Sell = ???;
> > > Buy = exrem(buy,sell);
> > >
> > > eg if you only want to buy beofre 10am in the morning
> > > Buy = YourBuyConditions and timenum()<100000;
> > >
> > > There are a few other ways but could need tailoring to your system
> > > --
> > > Cheers
> > > Graham
> > > AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> > > Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> > > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

> > in
> > day for
> > (for

> [...]