[amibroker] Re: Beginner: Best way to learn AB?

I have received three tremendous responses from kavemanperth (Graham), richardlboroff (Richard) and sebastiandanconia (Sebastian).

PM's sent to these guys - thanks again!

I would still appreciate any further ideas concerning the question below.  Getting the QP3 data working with AB remains a problem.   I can only see securities beginning with "A".  Have followed the instructions to the letter (several times), but am hoping my problem is only because I am using the trial version of AB.

Cheers,  Matt.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matt" <mwbjjh@xxxx> wrote:

> I'm a new user of Amibroker, and have recently subscribed to QP3 as a
> data source. I would be an EOD style trader.
>
> I'm having trouble getting the trial version of AB to recognize the
> QP3 database, but I'm hoping that the "paid up" version of AB (which I
> will be doing shortly) will enable full use of the QP data.
>
> My primary question is of a general nature, it is:
>
> ** As a newbie, what is the best way to start to begin to learn AB? **
>
> The manual is voluminous, and I don't think that reading it from cover
> to cover would be the optimal method of learning the software.
>
> I understand that as a beginner, one would start with some overall
> basics, get to know the layout of the product, and build the skills as
> they went along. A hands-on approach is preferable. However, I'd
> like some structure or ideas about the methods you experienced folk
> might recommend to such as myself to kick us along the learning curve.
>
> It seems a wonderful package, but there is so much "to it" that I am
> blown away and don't know where to start.
>
> Any thought would be very much appreciated.
>
> Regards, ToeCutter (Matt).

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS