[amibroker] Re: TJ in Vancouver

Thanks Tomasz, that is as I suspected.  As I said I have tried
combining daily and weekly signals to not much benefit.  Thanks for
confirming my suspiscions.

Bret

> Hello,
>
> Of course it is possible to use say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5-day bars to create
multiple time frame indicators in weekly resolution
> but this still gives rather "slow" signals.
> But please note that this way you will blend signals from just 5
different time frames compared to 360 different time frames
> used to create intraday multiple time frame indicators. For this
reason, this technique may not be as good when applied to EOD data.

> To achieve the same fine "resolution" out of EOD data one would need
> to compose daily data using 1-day upto 360-day interval or so into
something like yearly bars.
> To trade yearly bars one would need to have trading horizon exeeding
one year.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com