[amibroker] OT:DualCore vs DualProcessor

TJ said>64-bit CPU and dual-core will not have significant impact on CURRENT version of AmiBroker,
however I already have received Visual Studio 2005 BETA which features 64bit compiler
so in some near future (by the end of this year) I will probably release 64 bit version
(32 bit version will still be developed in parallel - so don't worry everyone else :-))

As for dual-core - similar situation here - right now you won't see miracles however
I am going to add multiple-threaded optimization engine by the end of the year
(I have to purchase AMD64 machine first :-))

So dual core AMD64 would be good investment for the future. However I suggest to WAIT a bit
until I release first betas because till then you will be able to get faster machine for less money
(as prices of dual core CPUs are very high now but will drop very quickly)
My question is about possible future versions of Amibroker, and DUAL-CORE processors versus DUAL processors.

I am now in the process of selecting a motherboard for a new fast computer, and I want to make sure that the motherboard that I select will allow me to run at the maximum speed that any future version of Amibroker is capable of.
BTW,  I really do need to be able to achieve maximum speed because I can now effectively use only one timeframe of a smoothing equation that I have developed.

 I can make plotlines for several timeframes of this smoothing equation appear in the custom indicator window, but it takes forever to move the cursur line from one day to the next, so I can effectively use only one timeframe for trading.
This speed thing really is important to me because, the more of these smoothed lines that I can run, the more confidence  I will have that I have detected an  impending breakout.
These smoothing equations  most likely need as much computer speed as Fourier equations will require, when and if, TJ decides to add Fourier abilities to Amibroker.

Will a motherboard that supports TWO seperate processors be able to run future versions of Amibroker that are designed for DUAL-CORE processors?  I would think that DUAL processors would function exactly the same way as DUAL-CORE processors function, and therefore, all new versions of Amibroker would work either way. THOUGHTS?

I also read that socket 939 is destined to make  the socket 754 obsolete. THOUGHTS?

Will socket 939 machines run only slightly faster that socket 754 machines, or will they run significantly faster than socket 754?

I would appreciate hearing some of your thoughts and opinions?  Ron D

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS