Re: [amibroker] OT:Fast Computer Specs

TJ wrote in an Email with the topic: "AmiBroker Computer Performance -- What Matters?"

"Dan,

64-bit CPU and dual-core will not have significant impact on CURRENT version of AmiBroker,
however I already have received Visual Studio 2005 BETA which features 64bit compiler
so in some near future (by the end of this year) I will probably release 64 bit version
(32 bit version will still be developed in parallel - so don't worry everyone else :-))

As for dual-core - similar situation here - right now you won't see miracles however
I am going to add multiple-threaded optimization engine by the end of the year
(I have to purchase AMD64 machine first :-))

So dual core AMD64 would be good investment for the future. However I suggest to WAIT a bit
until I release first betas because till then you will be able to get faster machine for less money
(as prices of dual core CPUs are very high now but will drop very quickly)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com"