RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtest Behavior Question/Problem

You are right, but without intraday data it's impossible for *any*
software to know when your stop was crossed. I think you can alter the
CoverPrice to match your exit point if you wish, but I'm not sure how to
tell you to accomplish this feat.

--
Terry

| > |
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | It didn't gap up close to 100% or even 50%, so there's no reason
| why
| > | the loss should be 100% instead of the correct 50%.  Basically,
| the
| > | stock opened at a reasonable price and then shot up and closed at
| > | high price.  This day, the day where the stock shot up over 100%,
| > | was the first possible exit point (vi stop loss).  No other exit
| > | signals were generated before it, and in other similar situations
| > | (but without a 100% single-day change), the backtester behaves
| > | properly.  It is only because of this 100% "ruin stop" thing that
| it
| > | seems to be misbehaving.  Also, this 100% rule seems silly since
| > | this trade is a short and if someone has 20 positions in their
| > | portfolio, this means they only lose 5% of their overall equity
| > | assuming equal money distribution.
| > |
| > | Any further ideas?  Tomasz, do you know why this might be
| happening?
| > |
| exit
| > | was

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | with
| However,
| > | that
| ideas
| > | on
| > | > |
| on

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| to so
| > | > | > |
| last
| > | 10
| price
| > | of
| > | 8/20/1999,
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| (exactly
| is
| stock
| > | did
| exited
| > | at
| > | when a
| things
| > | > | > |
| code
| > | STILL
| column
| > | at
| > | > | > |
| just
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| users
| > | only.
| > | > | > |
| directly
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| only.
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
| > |
| > | To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
| > | SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
| > |
| > | For other support material please check also:
| > | http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
| > |
| > |
| > | Yahoo! Groups Links