[amibroker] Re: Backtest Behavior Question/Problem

Hi,

It didn't gap up close to 100% or even 50%, so there's no reason why
the loss should be 100% instead of the correct 50%.  Basically, the
stock opened at a reasonable price and then shot up and closed at a
high price.  This day, the day where the stock shot up over 100%,
was the first possible exit point (vi stop loss).  No other exit
signals were generated before it, and in other similar situations
(but without a 100% single-day change), the backtester behaves
properly.  It is only because of this 100% "ruin stop" thing that it
seems to be misbehaving.  Also, this 100% rule seems silly since
this trade is a short and if someone has 20 positions in their
portfolio, this means they only lose 5% of their overall equity
assuming equal money distribution.

Any further ideas?  Tomasz, do you know why this might be happening?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> Check to see if the stop was reached when the first possible exit
was
> the 100% loss.
>
> --
> Terry