Re: [amibroker] Re: So Long Amibroker, [No Volume Charts]

Hello,

As for different tick counts from IB reported by different packages.
As you probably know IB TWS sends tickPrice and tickVolume
notifications separtately. Since IB cumulates ticks one never is able
"decompress" it to original. AB assumes that only tickVolume notifications
mark trades, while Sierra probably assumes that tickPrice and tickVolume
make separate transactions. I was checking this against tick by tick
feed in eSignal and problem is that then when trades occur in interval
higher than 0.2 sec then this approach is wrong (because two notifications
- tickPrice and tickVolume would be sent for single real trade),
with trades occuring more often - then one never knows how many real trades happened because
of tick compression that IB performs. The result is that depending on
how heavy trading you see you will get closer or less close tick counts from IB
as compared to real tick-by-tick feed.

As for volume charts being closer - yes that seems logical as cumulated ticks
volume is still correct. You may however lose some precision in finding actual open and
close prices of volume bars constructed that way.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com