[amibroker] Re: New, fixed TC2000/TCNet/TC2005 data plugin

Thanks for your sharing thoughts.

With my configuration, running  AB when datasource is   TC2000/TCnet
plugin is slower than running it when it is set to (local database).
 That is why I needed to switch to the local data base after updating
the TC200oTCnet database. Infact, this procedure was recommended to me
by Tomaz somemonths ago through AB support as a means to speed up my
backtesting.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "NW Trader" <pk47hargus@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi  dbirru,
>
> I'm confused by your procedure as it is certainly not what I do.
>
> After updating your TC2005 data, why do you "run scan over the whole
> database"?  If you use the F5 key or click View--> Refresh or simply
close
> and reopen AB, you will have updated the AB database.  The TC data
plug in
> makes it unnecessary to retrieve anything from the TC data base,
except when
> you want to bring in new tickers that have been added since you set
up your
> AB TC data folder.  One of the joys of AB is that it reads the data
directly
> from the TC database with it's plug in so there is no "importing"
data into
> AB with TC2005.
>
> My setup and procedure. Under the Database Settings (File --> Database
> settings), the Data source is the TC2000/TCNet Plugin and Local data
storage
> is set to Enable.  After updating in the TC program, I click F5 and
the data
> is now updated in AB -- takes about 3 seconds on one fast machine,
about 6
> seconds on a second slower machine.
>
> When you do run scans or explorations, the first run will be slower
as it
> loads data into the cache, there after the same scan or exploration
will run
> faster.  To learn a bit more about how AB handles external data
(like TC)
> read the Help Tutorial section on Database Management, Understanding
> AmiBroker database concepts.
>
> Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick

View->Refresh All
>   > menu from AMiBroker after running download in TC2000.
>   >
>   > In order to get fresh quotes the plugin needs to internally restart
>   TC2000 API (TCDK),
>   > it is done automatically by the plugin but takes about 5-15 seconds
>   (depending on machine speed)
>   >
>   > This is due to the design of TC2000 API that feeds all external
>   applications
>   > with old quotes until entire API (TCDK) is restarted, which is
>   unfortunatelly long process.
>   >
>   > By the way, people looking for EOD data source for extensive data
>   mining
>   > should take a look at Quotes Plus (QP2) which is several times
>   faster and less
>   > resource consuming than TC2000.
>   > (there is a link to QP2 on AmiBroker page)
>   >
>   >
>   > Best regards,
>   > Tomasz Janeczko
>   > amibroker.com
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Service.