From: b
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] AmiBroker Performance Continued -- What Settings are Fastest?

Tomasz and others:

This is a very interesting and helpful discussion. I am
sure I speak for many others.

Since my current system is limited to 1.5 GB of RAM, I have
also used special watchlists to reduce the number of stocks
that AB needs so everything fits into RAM.

Here is a snip of AFL to give the idea how these watchlists
can be created. The key is to use "CUM" to find any stock
that needs to be in the watchlist.

Watch for line wrap problems when copying the code.

//----------------------------------------------
//For increased testing speed,
//it is helpful to group stocks into
//watchlists with minimum volume,
//and also by price ranges. Note, if a stock meets
//the criteria of a watchlist for even
//a single day, it is included in the watchlist.

// although I trade with 100k mininum vol, this uses
// 50k since 100k gives too few stocks prior to 1998

av50 = MA(V,5) > 50000;// use 100k for stocks over $10

p1_10 = av50 AND OI >=  100 AND OI < 1000;
p10_up = av50 AND OI >= 1000;

Cum_p1_10 = LastValue(Cum(p1_10) ,True);
Cum_p10_up = LastValue(Cum(p10_up) ,True);

if(Cum_p1_10) CategoryAddSymbol( "", CategoryWatchlist, 56
) ;//US 1-10
if(Cum_p10_up)CategoryAddSymbol( "", categoryWatchlist, 58
) ;//US 10+