[amibroker] Re: Step function

Thanks for your efforts...

However, just adding the signals results in spikes only.

Because the array Cond1 is 0 everywhere except for when the condition
is true (= cross of the two signals), and I then add a second array
with 1s someplace else, I only get to 3 if all three signals are true
on the same bar. However, this rarely happens.

>From such a Cond1 array
[0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ... ]

I would want to create an array that is sort of the integral of the
Cond1:
[0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 ... ]

This means, Cond1 is true as long as it is not actively set back to
false, like a flip-flop.

Any ideas?

Good investing!
FP

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dickie Paria" <babui@xxxx> wrote:
> Sorry - I just realized you wanted a PLOT function only.  Ara's
post
> explains it.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dickie Paria" <babui@xxxx> wrote:
> > I presume you already know how to code this in AFL.  So - set up
> your
> > buy rules as "Conditions" i.e., Cond1 = MACD signal cross; Cond2
=
> > EMA short/long cross; Cond3 = RSI/50 cross;  Buy = Cond1 + Cond2
+
> > Cond3; Sell = whatever you have as your sell.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fpsteiner" <fpsteiner@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > One trading signal is usually not enough, so we look for
> > > confirmations. I use a threefold signal/confirmation of
> > > - MACD/signal cross
> > > - EMA short/EMA long cross
> > > - RSI/50 line cross
> > >
> > > How can I plot a step function representing these signals? A
Buy
> > > signal from MACD/signal cross would go to 1, if confirmed by
the
> > EMA
> > > signal it goes up one further, if confirmed by the RSI it
finally
> > > reaches 3, which would be the ultimate confirmed buy signal.
The