Re: [amibroker] How to enter non-ticker data?

Check out AddToComposite.  This lets you create "tickers" that aren't symbols for stocks, but they can be plotted on a chart like a stock price.  You can then refer to their bar values in your code.  They will have a ~ in front of their name.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:18 AM
Subject: [amibroker] How to enter non-ticker data?

I have SP500 earnings and other economic data going back a few decades
that I would like to be able to refer to in a system test.  I know
that I can access it using the FOREIGN function, but how do you create
a datasheet that's not part of a ticker list and get the data in
there?  What do you name it?  I searched the Help files and couldn't
find an answer, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.  TIA
for anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Luck to all,

Sebastian