Re: [amibroker] Re: import financial results

save the xls file as CSV file, can do that from excel
then a matter of working out the columns that can be imported, and
what order they are in

here is copy from the help OLE screen, sorted into the respective AB
information windows. Some fundamental data can be imported with no
problems, hopefully. Of course some of the information windows have
nothing to do with fund'ml data but kept them here so that you can
follow the AB windows
One thing is I am not certain if more has been added to the OLE
streams and have not found any more i the beta issue readme files. It
would be possible to use an empty data item for something else
p[rovided it is format compatible and not used within AB directly for
another functioning.

If you can send a sample of your excel data file, just a few rows of
data would help I cna try putting something together. Just remember I
am learning this myself as I go, so cannot guarantee perfect results.
Just suggest you trial any importing into a dummy AB database. ie copy
existing one and work with the copy to ensure get it correct first.

// Ticker Information window

Ticker : string
Code : number
Alias : string
WebID : string (*new in 3.30)
FullName : string
Address : string
//Country - ???
//Currency - ???
Issue : number //shares issued
MarketID : number
//Par Value - ???
IndustryID : number - (*new in 3.40)
BookValue : number
GroupID : number
RoundLotSize : number- (*new in 4.10)
MarginDeposit : number- (*new in 4.10)
TickSize : number- (*new in 4.10)
PointValue : number- (*new in 4.10)
Continuous : boolean
Favourite : boolean
Index : boolean
DataSource : number- (*new in 3.90) //??
DataLocalMode : number- (*new in 3.90) //??

//Financial results window

FinanceYear( number Quarter ) : number
FinanceIncome( number Quarter ) : number
FinanceEBT( number Quarter ) : number
FinanceEAT( number Quarter ) : number

--
Cheers