From: coba702002
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:20 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: trying to keep trendlines seperate? CHARTID maybe?

thanks for answering the question... thats a step i don't want to
take... ie highlighting the layer first.

on my laptop i don't have to do that and i think it has to do with
the chart id.... somehow when i opened a new window/timeframe i got
a different chartid # then the first one... ie chartid for 2min is
1042 and chartid for 5min is 1056... how did that happen and how can
i reproduce that functionality on my big computer.

i reinstalled ami after formatting and now i have this problem... is
there a way to get or change chart id's for each timeframe and or
how did i get this before???

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "NW Trader" <47nwtrader@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you draw your trendline, what layer is highlighted?  Make
sure you have the right level highlighted.  And try unchecking the
Default layer.  Does the line disappear on one or both charts?  That
could be your problem.  FWIW, I have defined 3 min, 5 min, etc.
layers, and then have locked the time frame on a layer to the
appropriate name.  When I want a TL on a 3 min chart only, I
highlight the 3 Min layer before drawing the line (and the check
automatically appears on the layer as it is locked to the 3 min
period).  A check alone is not sufficient when you are drawing the
line, you must highlight the level, or redefine the level via the
properties of the line after it is drawn.