Re: [amibroker] RE: Subject: Anyone know where I can get the code for Zig??

This is not a true plot of what you normally see with ZigZag as I did
not attempt to make it into the normal straight lines between peaks
and troughs. I just modified an existing code that I have to reflect
simplified zigzag.

// ZigZag
// Graham Kavanagh  13 Jun 2005

ZZReverse = Param("ZigZag %",10,1,30,1)/100;

SetBarsRequired(10000,10000);
UseBar = IIf( IsIndex(), H!=L, V>0 );//for padded data, ie non traded
days included

ZZC[0] = C[0];
ZZMoveup[0] = 0;

for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
 if( C[i] > ZZC[i-1] AND ZZMoveup[i-1] AND UseBar[i] ) // UU
 {
  ZZC[i] = C[i];
  ZZMoveup[i] = 1;
 }
 else
 {
  if( C[i]<=(ZZC[i-1]*(1-ZZReverse)) AND ZZMoveup[i-1] AND UseBar[i] ) // UD
  {
   ZZC[i] = C[i];
   ZZMoveup[i] = 0;
  }
  else
  {
   if( C[i] < ZZC[i-1] AND ZZMoveup[i-1]==0 AND UseBar[i] ) // DD
   {
    ZZC[i] = C[i];
    ZZMoveup[i] = 0;
   }
   else
   {
    if( C[i]>=(ZZC[i-1]*(1+ZZReverse)) AND ZZMoveup[i-1]==0 AND
UseBar[i] ) // DU
    {
     ZZC[i] = C[i];
     ZZMoveup[i] = 1;
    }
    else
    {
     ZZMoveup[i] = ZZMoveup[i-1];
     ZZc[i] = ZZc[i-1];
    }
   }
  }
 }
}

Plot(C,"Close",colorWhite,styleLine);
Plot(zzc,"ZZ",IIf(zzmoveup,colorGreen,colorRed),styleLine|styleNoRescale);

--
Cheers
Graham