Re: [amibroker] AB locking up and losing data

Herman,

Three things.

    > I think things are getting worse. Now AB hangs at least twice a day!

1) The very comment above gives me a gut feeling of Memory/DATA Xfer/System reliability. (Too many years in the IT industry.)

    I do not get the impression this is a Code related problem.

  >I am hoping you are trying to find a solution ASAP.

2) Implies that this is Tomasz problem to fix sole by himself.
    It is not..
         It is Joseph's problem.
    But Tomasz CAN work with him to resolve it.

3) It is VERY common that people will ignore the real cause for problems (even blindingly obvious ones) to persist
on calling the Effects of said problems (AB crashing) the problem itself (AB MUST be at fault).

Herman, You are very correct - These things must be taken seriously.
    However - In 90% of the time - Point 3 is realy the one that is at issue.

    Micahel.

Herman van den Bergen wrote:
It would be entirely normal for problems to occur only with certain codes and not under all conditions. You can run AB for years without problems if you run only a few debugged programs or write code without making mistakes. Such usages does not indicate software stability; it is like placing a pencil on end and not shaking the table.

True software stability get exposed when you actively use the software in many different ways and on different computers, including exposing it to unexpected and sometimes improper user actions. Bugs are more likely to get exposed by new users or advanced programmers who push AB to it's limits. To isolate, identify and report bugs is tedious and time-consuming work and reflects considerable customer goodwill.

I am just trying to say that reported problems should be taken seriously; obviously the user had a problem. We cannot simply always blame the PC :-)

herman