[amibroker] Web Beacons and your Privacy

All:

I just learned the following from another yahoo group that I belong to.

Yahoo has changed (how long ago is uncertain) their privacy statement to
include the fact that they now support "web beacons".

Web beacons are new ways to track the sites you visit when you surf the
web, and report YOUR IP address to a variety of "partners".

I admit I have not studied the fine print in detail and have not done an
exhaustive search to learn more about this new (?) way to invade your
privacy, but I thought I would at least post a heads up with some links
and let you research it further if you are concerned or interested.

Here is the web page for yahoo:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/beacons/details.html

The info about web beacons is about 3/4 down the page.  There is link to
opt out.

Here is another address with a definition of web beacons.  Sounds like
it is or could be pretty prevalent and not just confined to yahoo.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/Web_beacon.html

Life on the internet gets more interesting everyday.

Ken