[amibroker] Re: indicator applies to whole database

I have the same problem. The only workaroudn that i can think of
would be to store the parameter as part of the symbol data and
program so that the indicator can take it from the symbol data. I
have not tried it, but if someone can, pl share the code.

Regards

Suresh
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Arie Ellerbrak" <a.ellerbrak@xxxx>
wrote:
> Wayne,
>

> You're not misunderstanding. I've made a trend-indicator that seems
to work
> best with different parametervalues for different stocks. I was
surprised,
> not that this indicator, when applied to one, showed up in all
windows. But
> that the parameters for one where also applied to all.
>
> If AB works this way, so be it. I will then have to find a way to
work
> around this. I'm not sure how though how.
>

> Regards,
>

> Arie
>

> Arie,
>
> I'm trying to understand your problem.  If you open a custom
> indicator in a pane below the main chart, it will be applied to
> whatever stock is in the chart window.  If you switch to another
> stock, the indicator will be applied to the new stock in the same
> way.  That's how Amibroker is supposed to work.  Am I
> misunderstanding?
>
> Wayne
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Arie Ellerbrak"
<a.ellerbrak@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I have made a custom indicator with some parameters. When I
insert
> this
> > indicator onto a particular stock or index or whatever, it
applies
> to the
> > whole database! When I change the parameters, they too change for
> the whole
> > database. Any other database is not affected. I must have done
> something
> > wrong, but can't seem to find the error.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea?
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> > Arie
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at: